Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ugh infectious colitis!
kittyflake posted:
hi all!
all suffering on Thanksgiving?
i spent the entire summer Purging intestinal parasites--a ton of them-
that left me with infect. colitis. MMM.....can't believe how this feels. I believe the the motorcycle sounds are the worst. I am getting Ozone therapy for it. It's healing gases, very weird to explain, that is inserted Rectally (minimally invasive) that is supposed to heal the gut tissues, blah blah. Was working. Not working. Can't eat. Must eat. You all know
the deal. What the heck? On a good probiotic and stuff called Mucosa.
It's really unbelievably depressing. Or is it me?
Thanks for listening. I hope you all are having somewhat of a good Holiday..........~peace~
FirstPrevious12NextLast

arbob5 responded:
Good lord girl, you have a fight going on, don't you? I have never heard of what you have and what they're doing for it. Amazing.
I Have ulcerative colitis and that is a battle. So far, my GI doc has me in a good way now, and I am able to havea Happy Thanksgiving because of it. I just wish all of my pals here on this site would be in this position too.

Just want you all to know that I'm always thinking of what everyone here is going through. Amazing people here, that's for sure. God bless all of you and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

kittyflake replied to arbob5's response:
Hi,
I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
Prior to all the diagnosing, I went to 2 GI doc's who simply said I was FAT, ate too much, and need a colonoscopy. They were A-OK with one stool stample that indicated no parasites. It wasn't until i went to the MD/Holistic (odd, but effective testing methods) that he found all of them. No longer FAT cause they were making me FAT. (and of course, i was not eating at all)
Oh, i could go on, but what's the point..........

Have a great day. OMG do you have Bichon? it looks like my sister's little Emma!!!!

arbob5 replied to kittyflake's response:
Bella is a Maltipoo, and we adore her. Turns out, according to my vet, that Bichons, Poodles and Maltese' are all from the same "family". Bella is mistaken for all poodle, or bichon, but never Maltese because she definitely has the poodle curly hair. Maltese' have fairly straight hair. Oh well, regardless of what the heck her heritage is, she is wonderful and keeps us laughing with her silly antics all the time. Can you tell we love her death?

I've never heard of a Maltipoo. But i Swear, she looks identical to Emma-the princess Bichon, who is so sweet. But yes i can feel your love. And that's how i feel about my cat, Amanda. She is 14, still the same spunk (if not more) of when she was a kid. Despises people-teehee. Loves her mama. So overprotective. Oh My. It's so funny. Nothing better than a pet. And it's a shame to call them "pets", b/c they are so much more than that! Family. (sometimes better than-lol)

Give Bella hugs from me. She's a dern cutie pie. You be well and please stay in touch........xoxoxoxoxo btw, my name is Sandi and I live in beautiful, southern NJ!

xoxoxoxoxoxo right back atcha!!! Bella is, so we're told, 50% poodle and 50% Maltese...so she's a Maltipoo. We have a neighbor who had a Bichon and she did think Bella was a Bichon too. Oh well, whatever she is, we love our little princess too! I think if we found a tiara for her, she'd keep it on forever. She is definitely a diva!

We're in northern Illinois...about 20 minutes from the Wisconsin state line. Lovely around here.

Hope your problems get mended soon. Such a pain to be ill for such a long time. Seems like no light at the end of the road, but there is, eventually.

Take care and we'll keep in touch.

Hi Again!
Your picture is small. But from the distance you look exactly like my mom (but I'm sure way younger. and No i'm telling you how old. remember--small picutre but it's a compliment).

When you said Tiara, I almost died laughing!!! I say that all the time about my kitty, Amanda. Are we nuts with are little angels, or what?? She literally went from the ghetto, eating from the garbage to being smothered in the finest linen's (well, the best I could afford!).

I know. It's been a battle since childhood. Never thought it would end up like this. But, it is what it is, so they say. Glad i worked and went to college. Who knows what the future holds. Can never lose faith in God, that's my philosophy..........

Sounds nice, where you live. Stay warm--been extremely warm here. yikes. It's very nice to be in touch with you. With are little diva's and funky GI tracts. LOL.

Sandi xox

Faith will get us through all of our dark times...it does mine, that's for sure. I keep thinking there are many so much worse off than I am and that does work. I have friends who have suffered and suffered with various diseases and conditions, and I'm still able to get around and pretty much do as I please. And I thank the Lord for that every single day.

Again, positive thinking and looking at others around us. Some are better, some aren't, and then there are those who can hide it and keep their problems to themselves. We're all pretty complex, but actually we're really all very much alike if you think about it.

Bless all of us now and throughout this Holiday Season. That includes all of our little "critters", whom I personally could not get along without. On my downer days, my little Bella keeps me laughing.

Keep in touch. We're all together here and that means so much.

Hi again....
Faith. For sure. I've finally had the courage to ask for help this year after battling so many things alone. So much has come to light. And my biggest external issue are my parents. They are 83. I have 4 older sisters. Always such, I can't even say "issues" but down right ugliness. The worst is not even behind but ahead. Sorry to dump. Can't even explain. 3 of us have our parents health and wellness first (and they also put me first). It's just a battle of selfishness and ICK.
But having said all that crud, yes we are complex and alike. Have the same needs and desires. Fears and concerns. It's how we go about handling life. the choices we make. And I could not get along without my Sweet Pea either. At the age of 14, she is still freaked out when she discovers her back foot!! My goodness, how that cracks me up. I can watch her antics or sleeping for hours. And on the flip side, she will spit, hiss, growl on anyone that comes near me. HAHAHAHA! (and hit)

xoxoxox
Have a Blessed Day
Thank you for Listening

I'm here, as well as others on this site, anytime anyone needs to "unload". We all have problems..some large, some small...but problems nevertheless. Small ones can become big, and thankfully, big ones can become small or miniscule, or just plain gone. That's what we all want, right?

Hang in there...Sweet Pea will help you as well as Bella helping us here. They are a joy.

God bless.

Yes, thank you. Really didn't mean to unload like that. But it's been a huge problem since childhood, and frankly i am stunned that it's gotten so much as they all get older. But, whatever...........
Anyway, I am seeing a new and Hopefully a pleasant GI doc today. A female. Hopefully she won't be mean and nasty like the other 2 i went to. Not exactly looking forward to this. Guard is way up.

Thank you again...........

I used the word "unload" as a general description. Probably a bad choice of words. But most of us are on this site because we have problems of one kind or another and relating them to others here sometimes seems like unloading. Again, maybe a bad choice of words. At any rate, the responses we get are quite helpful. I certainly feel that way.

I hope your new GI will be more helpful and have a better bedside manner. I know where you're coming from tho...I had a Rheumatologist that while being an excellent doctor, his personality was like sandpaper, I swear!!! I stayed with him for about 4 years because there wasn't another rheumatologist in this area. Finally a younger one joined the practice and he has a completely different personality. Thank God for that.

Keep us posted, ok?

HannahLeigh89 replied to kittyflake's response:
Please don't be offended by the use of the word unload. This website for me is a huge source of comfort and a place to unload the stresses of daily living, if nothing else. Unload meaning to relieve some of the pressures that life can bring, not to open up a can of crazy or anything.

I hope you continue to feel comfortable here to express concerns and worry, and to ask for help when you need it. That's what we're here for. No judgment, just support and wisdom because we've been there too.

kittyflake replied to HannahLeigh89's response:
Hi Ladies,

Please don't take what I said out of context. (using the word unload). As I didn't want to go off on a tangent about my family here. It certainly was Not a poor choice of words. xoxox

Oh the sandpaper personality. Well, I did see my new GI. Wow. Even got a hug from her. She was a little "indifferent" towards the Holistic Medicine, but to be expected. Most doctors are, but she did not squash it. Which I really appreciated. Colonoscopy will be in Jan. Just have to check with insurance as to which facility will be $$$ doable.

I truly thank you for your support, words of wisdom, kindness, and Zero judgements. As the goes on my end. And of course I feel comfy. No need to weigh words with me. Not at all. So please, not walking on eggshells, ok? OK!
love you
Sandi

Just remember that we're all here for you. Hannah Leigh has been through so much and probably has more of an understanding of what most of us are going through, and at such a young age....she is spectacular!

Update us whenever you can, ok? Again, we care and will share our experiences with you. God bless.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Aaron Wu. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis on December 2, 2011. My symptoms appeared late September, as mild abdominal cramping a...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.