Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am in so much pain
candicecerio posted:
I can not take this pain any more. It has been five long years, not even properly diognosed. First it was ulerative colitis, then its ibs, then its chohns, then its this n that then one er doc a year ago told me its all in my head. Finally got reffered to a good gastro doc my app for upper endoscopy is on friday. i already had one of those before, and six or seven up the oppsite end im just in so much pain no matter what i eat, dont eat, drink, dont drink, they loaded me up on pain killers for years and asacol and a few other meds, nothing has worked im at my wits end

arbob5 responded:
I'm so sorry to hear about your condition and the pain you're in. I certainly hope this new gastro doctor will find out what is going on and can make a diagnosis that can be treated.

I know how frustrating it is to be "bounced" around, with no definite answer. And the pain you're obviously in is pure hell to live with.

Please keep us up-to-date on what is going on with you and the results of your endoscopy. We really do care here and will try to help you through this. Everyone here has some sort of condition and we all share our symptoms, and whatever has been done to either help or not help us. It's a great site.

Again, keep us informed. God bless.

HannahLeigh89 responded:
I know it's miserable, but if you truly do have some sort of IBD, five long years is just the beginning. Once they have a diagnosis and can begin treating you, you may find relief. But that, as you've seen, can be a long time coming. I'm not trying to discourage you, I just don't want you to be surprised if/when in a few years, you're still having trouble...

LunaNatasha responded:
I'm sorry to hear about what you've been through...hopefully things will start to look up for you...don't lose hope! I was allergic to the first 7 meds that I was given after being given mixed diagnosis, so I know what it's like to feel like things are just getting worse and never feel like they are getting better. Hang in there and keep us updated. This is a great community that does care and has been really helpful with my journey through this. Praying for you!

martymay30 responded:
I have severe refractory crohn's disease and I totally understand your pain. Mine never goes away even with the host of pain killers and other meds they have me on now or in the past. It can be very frustrating to not have the hows/whys of pain. Even now, with my diagnosis, I still wonder why they aren't able to control my disease or the pain I feel everyday. I want you to know there are people out here who care about what your are going through. You are never alone in this struggle.

Regards

bakewell responded:
hello candicecerio have just read your report I have your proplem so can relate to you please try Sherry Brescia Pain free in one day Igot it from the internet you can download a four day eating plan for free and it really works so please try it regards Barbara

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there. It feels like I've been dealing with intestinal issues my whole life. I was first diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 17; I'...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.