Skip to content
Bad reaction to Remicade
mattdamonishot posted:
Hi guys,

The past 2 times I have had my Remicade treatment, I had a bad reaction to it including: flushed face and neck and trouble breathing. They ahd to stop my treatment immediately and give me Benadryl in my IV. I was taking it that way the other treatmetns and then my new doctor decided I didn't need any pre treatment. Oops!!!We now know I ahve to have my Benadryl in an IV and not orally. It was scary but it worked!!!
Next treatment Friday. SO glad because I have not been feelign well the pat 2 weeks.

Anyoen else have a reaction to Remicade???

OyWithThePoodlesAlready responded:
wow, my dr office never pre-treats and no one I've been in the room w has had a problem

hope next time goes better for you!

HannahLeigh89 responded:
I never had a reaction but I had to take Benadryl about half an hour before I got to the infusion center.

jaimem92 replied to HannahLeigh89's response:
I always take benadryl and tylenol right when i get to the infusion center. One time I had a reaction where I was having sharp stabbing pain in my left shoulder.. But that's it

Gator_bait replied to jaimem92's response:
I used Remicade for 1-1/2 years. I started to have reactions about a year into treatment and they kept getting worse. Benedryll helped but eventually Remicade stopped being effective. Now I am on Humira which is about the same type of drug as Remicade but the part of Remicade that the body reacts against is made synthetically in Humira, so no reaction. I've been on Humira for over 3 years and have not lost effectiveness. Hurmira you give yourself one shot every two weeks vs going in for infusions for Remicade.

An_242293 responded:
I've only have a reaction to Humira. My doctor wont put me on remicade because Humira did work. Good Luck.

icabodjones responded:
did not care for the remicade, too many6 side effects , scared me

Spotlight: Member Stories

Okay, here's a little bit about me: -I'm 23 -I'm a graduate student studying to be a professional musician -I was diagnosed with ulcerat...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.