Skip to content
It has been soooo long since I have checked in.....
mindyj1971 posted:
Oh my Crohnies! I've missed you! I can't believe that I have let so much time get past me! Please forgive me!

I've been busy with work and the kids and single life in general. Had a scare this past week and spent the 23rd in the ER for dehydration. Thank God that my blood work showed that my Crohn's is still in check...just had a bad stomach virus and a bad kidney infection. Actually spent my first Christmas in 3 years with my kids and family. It was wonderful:) Hoping that all of you had a wonderful holiday.....think I will actually get to celebrate a New Year! I'm so looking forward to it.

Please everyone....tell me how you are doing! I've missed you all! I guess one of my New Year's resolutions will be to manage my time a little better! You all have always been here for me.....don't want time to get away from me like that again!

Drop me a line and let me know how you are doing.

Not even sure when the last time I wrote on here....but my divorce was final a couple of months ago....enjoying my independence but have also met a very special person. Just going to take it slow and see what happens.

Hope to hear from you soon....
Love always,
Mindy

OyWithThePoodlesAlready responded:
Hey Mindy - great to hear from you and you look terrific, I wouldn't have recognized you!

I just spent my first 5 days in the hospital getting over a blockage (which started a week after I had remicade) but the result is I got a referral and an apt w one of the Ibd team at the local med school so I'm hoping he'll have some ideas and he takes me on. I haven't been super happy with the communication with the GI I have been going to so I'm hoping this works out

hope things keep going well for you, so glad you got to have a real Christmas

arbob5 responded:
Hi Mindy: So glad you're back with us. It's been way too long.

OK here. Off prednisone and doing OK with my UC. Hope it continues in 2012. I have a good feeling about it tho, so I hope I'm right.

Some of the posts here have been slow in coming, so I think we all have to sit back and, like you, realize that this is the "place" that has helped us and so many others get past some of our fears and whatever! This is a mighty fine group here and we just cannot let it go again.

Happy New Year to you. Glad you've found someone special and I sincerely hope it all works out for you. Take care and remember, love you lots!!!

jaimem92 replied to arbob5's response:
Glad to see you are doing well. I feel like I finally have a good balance for my Crohn's, been feeling pretty good. Had the stomach flu on the 22nd. So we drove to my inlaws as I was puking in the car. That was a fun 7 hour drive. lol. Crohns is good though, and I'm running everyday on my treadmill- I think it helps me manage my stress better, which in turn has helped me manage my crohn's better. I'm super out of shape, so I'm doing a walk to run program. I'm getting a lot faster that's for sure. I had a vitamin b deficiency the other day too, started getting really dizzy and my gums started bleeding terribly- apparently that's all vitamin b related.

Magsjeanea responded:
I am so glad you have found peace! It is good to know that the reason you haven't been on is because you were busy and not so sick that you can't type! I really hope you and your children have a wonderfully Happy New Year with peace and wellness. Keep in touch
Love Goes There,

Jeaneau

hannahleigh89 responded:
Glad to hear that you're doing so well. Miss seeing you around, lady.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 18 i was Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about a month ago , it all started about four month's ago cause i had these red mark's on t...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.