Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to figure it out
An_242292 posted:
I have been having this issue for over a year now, and it happens when I am hungry or after I eat something and is worse if it is something greasy or fatty. It feels like my stomach is spasming or I have something inside of me trying to kick or claw its way out and now I am noticing my abdomen is swollen and its hard for me to lean over. I feel bloated all the time and sometimes I can actually feel the gas in my stomach, causing it to rise. Am I alone or imagining this? Is this typical for IBS/Crohns or should I be even more concerned it is something worse? I also had my gallbladder removed a few years ago.

HannahLeigh89 responded:
I have a lot of spasms in my gut. I try to take Gas-X before I eat something that I know is going to make it worse, and it does help some, but what I use most often is Bentyl. It's a prescription but it really helps me a lot. Just a word of caution though: one of the side effects is difficulty urinating. I've noticed that if I use it a lot, it is very hard for me to pee sometimes. But other than that, it's great.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I first had serious IBD symptoms in 2002. I was diagnosed with first UC in Jan 2003 and then later Crohn's. I currently manage it with Azathioprin...More

Helpful Tips

Trips to ER
When I get out of the hospital this time, one of the first things I will do when I get home is to pack a small bag with toiletries for my ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 30 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.