Skip to content
Trying to figure it out
An_242292 posted:
I have been having this issue for over a year now, and it happens when I am hungry or after I eat something and is worse if it is something greasy or fatty. It feels like my stomach is spasming or I have something inside of me trying to kick or claw its way out and now I am noticing my abdomen is swollen and its hard for me to lean over. I feel bloated all the time and sometimes I can actually feel the gas in my stomach, causing it to rise. Am I alone or imagining this? Is this typical for IBS/Crohns or should I be even more concerned it is something worse? I also had my gallbladder removed a few years ago.

hannahleigh89 responded:
I have a lot of spasms in my gut. I try to take Gas-X before I eat something that I know is going to make it worse, and it does help some, but what I use most often is Bentyl. It's a prescription but it really helps me a lot. Just a word of caution though: one of the side effects is difficulty urinating. I've noticed that if I use it a lot, it is very hard for me to pee sometimes. But other than that, it's great.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I work as a Rad tech and as an EMT on the side. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's since June 07 but have had problems since 05. I'm currently...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful