Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Connecticut doctor??
kayjohnson73 posted:
Hi- New to the group- My husband was diagnosed with chrons/colitis this year and we are unhappy with his current doctor. We're looking for someone to go to for a second opinion but feel like we've wasted so much time already that we want to try to find an 'expert'. Anyone have any suggestions on who to see within the state of Connecticut?? Thanks!

hannahleigh89 responded:
Not that I can help you because I don't live anywhere near Connecticut, but we aren't allowed to discuss doctor's names on here. If someone were to post a recommendation, it would be removed. If someone has any suggestions, you'll need to provide an email address or another way of being contacted. Just make sure you don't mind spam. I've posted mine on here a couple of times and I haven't noticed an increase in junk mail, but others have.

You may also want to try Googleing it, as cliche as that sounds. You could probably find some reviews and recommendations that way, if nobody gets back to you here. Let us know how it goes.

arbob5 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Usually your state universities have a clinic or hospital. Now whether you're anywhere near these, I really don't know. Hope you find someone you are comfortable with in the near future.

Also, welcome to our site. We're here to help if and when we can. Keep us posted, OK?

miserable_sob replied to arbob5's response:
After hearing about so many people being misdiagnosed with either Crohns or Ulcerative Colitis, I believe diagnosis is nothing but a guessing game, no matter who your MD is. As anybody can tell you here too, colitis in any form is a tough disease to control.

kayjohnson73 responded:
Thank you all!! Obv didn't read enough on the site before posting because i had no idea you couldn't mention doctors names...oopsie! If anyone does know, i would be happy to send them my direct email. I just started researching today but all google has turned up so far is basically every gastro dr in the state, which is helpful but I'm being greedy and looking for one of the best His current doctor is fine, but just seems to be very passive and answers everything with "give it a week and see how you feel, then call me"

miserable_sob replied to kayjohnson73's response:
At least he's got you keeping guard for him. It certainly doesn't hurt given the tough situation you're in.

OyWithThePoodlesAlready replied to kayjohnson73's response:
I would second the idea to look at a teaching hospital, I have an apt next week w a dr at a local hospital/med school where the 3 drs on the team only treat IBD. The only thing is I think these guys won't take you till something weird or complicated happens, and I needed a referral from my GI. I think, that's at least how it happened for me. Good luck!

An_243017 replied to OyWithThePoodlesAlready's response:
Hi, I am new to this site. I have had UC for a year. I am also a diabetic and I think UC is worse.
The docs just tell me to really watch what I eat, which I have been doing for 35 years. Now all the good fiber stuff I have been eating, as a diabetic, are way to much for the UC My question is...what do you all consider a "flare"? I have not had any bloody stools since I was first diagnosed, but the semi runny stools and lots of gas are an issue.
I am on allign, and lialda 2x daily plus a suppository. I heard that flax seed water could really help. Any thoughts??

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29, living with UC since I was 21. Living in New Mexico and trying not to let it control my life and failing miserably. EXTREMELY sick of the ...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.