Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Frustration - Stomach Ache / Colitus
An_242655 posted:
I am so frustrated! For two years I have been complaining about pain that original started in my lower left pelvis area. That pain not covers my whole stomach. I've had my extra tests thru my OBGYN, and finally after have several doctors just blow me off a friend referred me to a friend of her's that was a doc - he did a colonoscopy - diagnosed me with Chronic Colitis. That based on his observations, I have none of the typical symptoms. When I continued to complain that I didn't think my pain was from my Colitis - he told me I needed to talk to my regular doctor about my concerns because he didn't think they were related to the Colitis. Sooo after almost two years, and six doctors later, I have finally found a doctor that seems to be listening. Now I just worry it is not too late! Honestly I am really scared at this point - and now almost always in pain!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am in my early 30's, and I was diagnosed with moderate-severe Crohn's disease and non-celiac gluten intolerance on 11/24/10 after 20 years o...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.