Skip to content
people with crohn's foods
littleatatime posted:
Hi I have Crohn's Disease had it now for 38 years. I've had some bad flare-ups now and then. Thankfully I have not had any operations because of Crohn's. I was wondering how people who have this deal with there diet. I can't have any seeds at all--I used to be able to eat steak and roast beef but i can't eat that anymore causes bathroom problems yet I can eat ground beef 85% beef doesn't bother me -- strange I think. I'm linited on fruits and veggies to. More people can't drink milk but I can doesn't bother me Just wanted to hear any other foods that others can eat with Crohn's. Thank You

Take the Poll

Crohn's
  • answers
  • stuff
vote
View Poll Results

sheba_q responded:
I have ulcerative colitis and I've found that this seems to be a pretty decent IBD starter diet. Not everyone has trouble with all of it, and of course there's always something else that a person could react to.

* eat smaller meals at more frequent intervals
* avoid eating many processed foods
* avoid citrus fruit and anything highly acidic
* reduce the amount of rich, greasy and fried foods
* limit consumption of milk and milk products
* restrict your intake of high-fiber foods
* avoid whole corn (inc popcorn)
* cut back on sugary foods
* avoid alcohol (esp beer)

I've read comments on here that raw fruit and veg is a problem with Crohn's but cooked is better tolerated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 47 yr. old female. I was diagnosed with Crohn's/Ulcerative Colitis in 2007. I had issues with my digestive system for years prior to my dia...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful