Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
people with crohn's foods
littleatatime posted:
Hi I have Crohn's Disease had it now for 38 years. I've had some bad flare-ups now and then. Thankfully I have not had any operations because of Crohn's. I was wondering how people who have this deal with there diet. I can't have any seeds at all--I used to be able to eat steak and roast beef but i can't eat that anymore causes bathroom problems yet I can eat ground beef 85% beef doesn't bother me -- strange I think. I'm linited on fruits and veggies to. More people can't drink milk but I can doesn't bother me Just wanted to hear any other foods that others can eat with Crohn's. Thank You

Take the Poll

Crohn's
  • answers
  • stuff
vote
View Poll Results

sheba_q responded:
I have ulcerative colitis and I've found that this seems to be a pretty decent IBD starter diet. Not everyone has trouble with all of it, and of course there's always something else that a person could react to.

* eat smaller meals at more frequent intervals
* avoid eating many processed foods
* avoid citrus fruit and anything highly acidic
* reduce the amount of rich, greasy and fried foods
* limit consumption of milk and milk products
* restrict your intake of high-fiber foods
* avoid whole corn (inc popcorn)
* cut back on sugary foods
* avoid alcohol (esp beer)

I've read comments on here that raw fruit and veg is a problem with Crohn's but cooked is better tolerated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

All I have now are body aches. Colonoscopy found pan UC 11/2008. I had reoccurring iritis before starting Apriso.

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.