Skip to content
Crohns disease or Celiac?????????????
rosehurts posted:
Hi...I am 63 yrs old. Over New Years weekend I was hospitalized with severe diarrhea , bleeding, cold sweats with terrible chills (I sweated right through my jammies and bedding). They ran many tests one of which was a tiny camera pill down my throat. Last week my GI doc called to say that the results of the camera pill showed signs of celiac, that I had several ulcers, one very big, in my lower bowel, and a fatty tumor. Next week I go for some more blood work ( I was also very anemic and have been on iron tablets for a month) with a celiac sprue panel. Does this sound more like crohns or celiac to yall?

Thanks,
Rose

jaimem92 responded:
There's no way to know, unless we actually saw your test results. Because it could jsut as likely be UC or something. I don't know a ton about Celiac's, I didn't think it caused ulcers, but in certain cases maybe it does.. Sorry I couldn't be more help best thing is to research on the internet.. And ask your doctor lots of questions if needed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Cheli but my granddaughter, Mag's, calls me Jeaneau. I was born and raised in New Orleans but now live in the Chattanooga, Tn. area...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful