Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Crohns disease or Celiac?????????????
rosehurts posted:
Hi...I am 63 yrs old. Over New Years weekend I was hospitalized with severe diarrhea , bleeding, cold sweats with terrible chills (I sweated right through my jammies and bedding). They ran many tests one of which was a tiny camera pill down my throat. Last week my GI doc called to say that the results of the camera pill showed signs of celiac, that I had several ulcers, one very big, in my lower bowel, and a fatty tumor. Next week I go for some more blood work ( I was also very anemic and have been on iron tablets for a month) with a celiac sprue panel. Does this sound more like crohns or celiac to yall?

Thanks,
Rose

jaimem92 responded:
There's no way to know, unless we actually saw your test results. Because it could jsut as likely be UC or something. I don't know a ton about Celiac's, I didn't think it caused ulcers, but in certain cases maybe it does.. Sorry I couldn't be more help best thing is to research on the internet.. And ask your doctor lots of questions if needed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

March 24th of 2009, I started undergoing immediate treatment for Crohn's Disease. My symptoms began 6 years ago. It hurt to eat food, I would rapi...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.