Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diverticulitis / Colitis - If you knew then what you know now...
SayaG posted:
I am new at dealing with these issues, having been diagnosed with both within a few months of each other. So I haven't been able to wrap my head around either - now both! I am set for a endoscopic biopsy because I also have the ticketing of the stomach wall - I have diverticulitis in both the colon AND stomach ("rare, but not uncommon" quoting my doctor - I've read on the Internet that 10% of folks with DiverT have it in their stomach - not sure if that is right).

I've read many of the postings on different support groups and am 'confused' about a few points:

Seeds/ nuts - I've always heard, and have seen several folks post that they are a no-no for folks with diverticulitis - then I've heard that new research says they don't have any effect. Which is true?

Dehydration - I've noticed several posting about folks with dehydration so back that thy had to be hospitalized. Sooo did those folks increase their water or fall back into not drinking enough? Or is it because of the diarrhea that they became dehydrated? I typically have constipation not diarrhea.

Sooo my big question is if you were back where I am what would you do differently? What tests are best? What questions should I be asking?

I am having a crash course in both disorderers - or are they deceases? But still have loads to learn!

Thanks for par ays, support and replies!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brandi, I am a 26 year old mother of 2. I have a daughter who is 7 named Kylie and son who is 2 named Zeke. I first started experiencing ...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.