Skip to content
Straining to Even Pass Liquid Stool
kedavies posted:
I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis in the past and I have been dealing with GI problems for years but I've never experienced anything like I have today.

About 9 hours ago I suddenly started getting intense and painful urges to make a movement but every time I tried, either nothing would come out or only very small pieces would come out. I took some Dulcolax to try and make it easier. A couple hours later, the urges and pain continued but I started passing small amounts of diarrhea instead of solid stool. But whats strange is I have to strain very hard to even get a tablespoon or two of liquid out (this doesn't make sense because liquid usually comes out so easily without effort). Occasionally, the only thing I can pass are these little whitish globs (which I've noticed in my stool in the past). So 9 hours later I still feel like I need to pass more. For a few hours it seemed like I was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes only to pass a tiny bit or none liquid at all each time. However, the urges to go are becoming less frequent as time passes. But now the pain keeps waking me up so I can't sleep.

What could the explanation be? Could I have a mass blocking my movements? Has anyone experienced this before?

Anon_236434 responded:
I can relate to what you are saying. If you feel "bound up" perhaps eating an apple raw or cooked will help ease that problem.
I would contact your GI Doctor and see what advice could be given to you under these circumstances.
Do you go to the doctor every 6 months to a year?
Good luck and let me know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Crohn's on June 16, 2010 after a year of mis-diagnosis (gall bladder surgery) and no diagnosis. I guess I'm fortunate to ...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful