Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Straining to Even Pass Liquid Stool
kedavies posted:
I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis in the past and I have been dealing with GI problems for years but I've never experienced anything like I have today.

About 9 hours ago I suddenly started getting intense and painful urges to make a movement but every time I tried, either nothing would come out or only very small pieces would come out. I took some Dulcolax to try and make it easier. A couple hours later, the urges and pain continued but I started passing small amounts of diarrhea instead of solid stool. But whats strange is I have to strain very hard to even get a tablespoon or two of liquid out (this doesn't make sense because liquid usually comes out so easily without effort). Occasionally, the only thing I can pass are these little whitish globs (which I've noticed in my stool in the past). So 9 hours later I still feel like I need to pass more. For a few hours it seemed like I was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes only to pass a tiny bit or none liquid at all each time. However, the urges to go are becoming less frequent as time passes. But now the pain keeps waking me up so I can't sleep.

What could the explanation be? Could I have a mass blocking my movements? Has anyone experienced this before?

Anon_236434 responded:
I can relate to what you are saying. If you feel "bound up" perhaps eating an apple raw or cooked will help ease that problem.
I would contact your GI Doctor and see what advice could be given to you under these circumstances.
Do you go to the doctor every 6 months to a year?
Good luck and let me know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have ulcerative colitis. In 2008 I was in the hospital three times for bleeding.IN 2009 I was in the hospital two times for bleeding.In 2010 I was i...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.