Skip to content
Pain from ulcers while tapering Prednisone
SetYourHeart posted:
I had been on 40mg of Prednisone for a while and the doctor had me taper to 30mg a little over a week ago. I seemed to be doing fine on the taper with no returning symptoms. But a few days ago, I began to have that soreness in my intestines from the ulcers. I hadn't had this pain for quite a while. I am wondering if anyone knows if the returning pain is because of the tapering? I have also been trying to do a little more work (just got out of the hospital almost three weeks ago), so I was wondering if the increased activity could be a factor? I find that when I sit down for a while and rest, the pain nearly or completely goes away. When I am up and moving, it increases.

Anyone have an similar experiences?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I work as a Rad tech and as an EMT on the side. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's since June 07 but have had problems since 05. I'm currently...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.