Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Please anyone help me
TrulyUgly posted:
I have been suffering with a flare up, first I got really sick ,put on antibiotics,then my meds Asacol end up having a serious reactions, mixing them .End up three time in the ER,for the them to figure it out.NOW I suffering with this flare up,so uncomfortable.What can I eat having diarrhea,and bloody. I have been so scared with this I recently got diagnosed in October last year.I really need more info

miserable_sob responded:
Do you have Ulcerative Colitis? If so what kind of diet are you on?

TrulyUgly replied to miserable_sob's response:
yes I have been eating Vietnamese food everything steamed. no fried food. pretty bland diet boil eggs dry toast. no cokes :{
small meals.since I been diagnosed I have lost 70lbs. I have really been trying to eat good. super scared even if some days I want a burger and fries,just to cheat but I will suffer later lol. Thank you for your fast respond. I really need some guidance. I see my doctor every three months its really fast, doesn't explain much. I really need better health insurance. but my works insurances is so expensive,I wish I can afford it. Thank you again

miserable_sob replied to TrulyUgly's response:
I hope you find the right diet, do all the searching you can for it on the internet. Years ago when I had Ulcerative Colitis, the internet wasn't around, so all I did was go by my doctor's suggestions. At first I remember drinking lots of Ensure, but that didn't work. You can always try this http://www.webmd.com/ibd-crohns-disease/ulcerative-colitis/creating-an-ulcerative-colitis-plan or see how others are battling Ulcerative Colitis on various other message boards. If I still had it, I'd be anxious to try alternatives such as fecal transplants http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=38&m=1612467

hannahleigh89 replied to miserable_sob's response:
When I was at the doctor yesterday, she also mentioned make success with the fecal transplants. There is no wy I could bring myself to use them, but she said they have something like a 90% remission success rate if done properly.

She also mentioned a simple carbohydrate diet, but also said it was incredibly hard to follow. I didn't do much research on it yet, but it may be worth looking into if you're losing that much weight.

My body seems to be quite different from the norm, but I do well with things like baked or mashed potatoes, and it's easy to add calories to those. I also do well with cottage cheese or yogurt, when I can make myself eat it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have had Crohn's since age 17 and since I am now 58 that's a long time. When I was first diagnoised there were no medications so when things g...More

Helpful Tips

Trips to ER
When I get out of the hospital this time, one of the first things I will do when I get home is to pack a small bag with toiletries for my ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 30 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.