Skip to content
Please Help!
raikage posted:
have been for awhile having bloody mucus in my stool, and losing weight, and been really constipated, and alot of gas. could this be UC or Crohns?

LauraLW responded:
Hi raikage, sorry you're not feeling well. Your symptoms do seem suspicious for a digestive disorder of some kind. Have you seen a doctor? What tests have they done for you? Any time there is significant unexplained weight loss, you should be evaluated. I would hope that a doctor would order some bloodwork, stool sample, colonoscopy, possibly some imaging like a CT. Please don't let the possibility of testing deter you from seeking an answer. You deserve to feel well again. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

hannahleigh89 replied to LauraLW's response:
The testing is the easy part of IBD, provided you have good insurance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have ulcerative colitis. In 2008 I was in the hospital three times for bleeding.IN 2009 I was in the hospital two times for bleeding.In 2010 I was i...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.