Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Crohns Disease and Psoriasis
forwardnfaith posted:
I have Crohns Disease and Psoriasis. My doctor wants to put me on a combination of Imuran and Humira to treat the Crohns and said that a side benefit of the Humira is that it will also clear the psoriasis. One of the potential side effects of Humira is new or worsening Psoriasis. I would be taking Imuran and Humira, in theory, for my lifetime or until the next great drug is approved. My understanding is that when Humira is presecribed solely for psoriasis its given for a period of time then stopped, then started again incrementally. Is there anyone out there who has both these conditions and has taken these medications for an extended peiord of time that can share their experience?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in September 08. I had just started out with what I thought was a stomach bug in January 08, but my symptoms ...More

Helpful Tips

Trips to ER
When I get out of the hospital this time, one of the first things I will do when I get home is to pack a small bag with toiletries for my ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 30 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.