Skip to content
Crohns Disease and Psoriasis
forwardnfaith posted:
I have Crohns Disease and Psoriasis. My doctor wants to put me on a combination of Imuran and Humira to treat the Crohns and said that a side benefit of the Humira is that it will also clear the psoriasis. One of the potential side effects of Humira is new or worsening Psoriasis. I would be taking Imuran and Humira, in theory, for my lifetime or until the next great drug is approved. My understanding is that when Humira is presecribed solely for psoriasis its given for a period of time then stopped, then started again incrementally. Is there anyone out there who has both these conditions and has taken these medications for an extended peiord of time that can share their experience?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, My name is Amber, I'm 20 years old and currently undergoing testing to try to get properly diagnosed. I became sick when I was about 12, I lo...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.