Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Remicade
An_245047 posted:
My dr has recently discussed with me about taking remicade for my chrons disease. I was diagnosed two years ago and it got worse in the past yr. I have done research on remicade and other medications,i am afraid to leave the house or go to any family functions. This disease has turned my life inside out even to the point i lost my job, because i was in the hospital so much with pain. I just want to know, does the remicade really work. I want to live again and enjoy my family. Any suggestions on medications for pain besides vicodin, morphine....i do not want to be a zombie.

egucciardo responded:
If it did not work, it would not be the most effective drug on the market for this disease.

I say do it. If you do not have an allergic reaction to it, it is likely that it will help your symptoms decrease and get you into a remission.

beckyatmoms responded:
My 12 year old son has UC and he had a very bad flare back in October - he lost about 27 lbs and ended up in Johns Hopkins for a week. Until that point he was only taking Lialda. During his hospital stay when they realized he was not getting any better they gave him his first dose of Remicade on Wednesday night. By Thursday morning he was eating, drinking and not having hardly any symptoms at all. It really has been a miracle drug for him. He gets infusions every 8 weeks and hasn't had any problems since he started it. Just like any medication you will hear that it works for some and not others but I would say it is worth trying.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Barbara and I was born/raised in S. California, Since 1996, I have lived in Tucson, AZ working in reservations for a major airline. Bef...More

Helpful Tips

Trips to ER
When I get out of the hospital this time, one of the first things I will do when I get home is to pack a small bag with toiletries for my ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.