Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ceohns and menopause
catsp posted:
I have a long list of problems that make my everyday life a challenge! I am two years crohns and about just about he same for menopause. I am battling weight gain due to the hormone meds, 30 lbs since I started taking all of the meds. Does anyone out there battle the same. I exercise regularly and eat nutritionally balanced meals. I'm frustrated and sick of taking drugs, help!

hannahleigh89 responded:
The only advice I can offer if you have a healthy diet and exercise regularly would be to change up your exercise routine because muscles can get used to the same repeated movements and it doesn't burn as many calories, or to cut down on your portion size. A healthy meal doesn't matter if you're eating large portions.

Without knowing more information and without having to deal with menopause for the time being, it's hard for me to advise you any further. If you have specific questions, I'll be glad to answer them, or if you provide more information and I come up with anything else, I'll be happy to share that, too. This board is a great place for us Crohnies, so I hope you stick around and get the help that you need.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 4 years ago. I am 56 years old. I have been through the step ladder of drugs i.e. Asacol to Canasa to predniso...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.