Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Colitis and Diverticulitis
Tontonk posted:
Hi. I am sick and in pain, and new to the disease and to the community discussions. I was diagnosed in April after a little pain that I considered minmal, but had lots a blood in stool and diarreah. Stayed in hospital for six days. Sent home with tramadol, Lialda, and prednisone. I improved quicklym with just a little pain sometimes.

I started feeling bad again, so stopped taking meds. I began taking slippery elm and tumeric. Stopped bleeding completely for a week. However, now all of the pain is back, but this time I am constipated and have severe stomach cramps that sent me to the ER.

CAT scan showed nothing new or improved. I hate feeling so bad! It Lately I've been skipping a lot of meals simply to avoid abdominal pain. Any suggestions?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Lauren Hope. I am 19 years old and have been struggling with "stomach problems" for about six years. it really got serious in...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.