Skip to content
Colitis and Diverticulitis
Tontonk posted:
Hi. I am sick and in pain, and new to the disease and to the community discussions. I was diagnosed in April after a little pain that I considered minmal, but had lots a blood in stool and diarreah. Stayed in hospital for six days. Sent home with tramadol, Lialda, and prednisone. I improved quicklym with just a little pain sometimes.

I started feeling bad again, so stopped taking meds. I began taking slippery elm and tumeric. Stopped bleeding completely for a week. However, now all of the pain is back, but this time I am constipated and have severe stomach cramps that sent me to the ER.

CAT scan showed nothing new or improved. I hate feeling so bad! It Lately I've been skipping a lot of meals simply to avoid abdominal pain. Any suggestions?

Spotlight: Member Stories

March 24th of 2009, I started undergoing immediate treatment for Crohn's Disease. My symptoms began 6 years ago. It hurt to eat food, I would rapi...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful