Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

Stomach Bug or Flare Up
    lbcash posted:
    I have been diagnosed with Crohns for five years now. I have been off of all meds for two months do to an allergic reaction to Humira. My doc said to give my body a rest for a little while. I have suffered from heartburn and acid reflux going on two weeks now. Over two months I have lost over ten pounds and I can't afford to lose anymore. I will call my doc tommorow cause he was closed today. But two days ago I lost my appetite completely. I can't eat anything without immediately getting nauseated, but I hold it in because I hate to vomit. Then last night I started having watery diarhea at ten o'clock. Since then I have gone 12-15 times and I haven't ate anything but a small bit of chicken noodle soup and water. I have had pain once. I doubled over with it but it went away after a few minutes. I am bloated. If I eat anything I am running to the bathroom within minutes. Is this a severe flare up or a stomach virus? If this is a flare up it is the worst I've had outside of having little pain just stomach cramping.
    jmayfld responded:
    go get this book called breaking the viscious cycle, by Elaine Gottschall its in most bookstores, do the intro diet, and read the entire book, kind of boring at first but after the intro diet all of my symptoms went away, and i have never taken meds,,

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Aaron Wu. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis on December 2, 2011. My symptoms appeared late September, as mild abdominal cramping a...More

Helpful Tips

Trips to ER
    When I get out of the hospital this time, one of the first things I will do when I get home is to pack a small bag with toiletries for my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    22 of 30 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.