Skip to content
Stomach Bug or Flare Up
lbcash posted:
I have been diagnosed with Crohns for five years now. I have been off of all meds for two months do to an allergic reaction to Humira. My doc said to give my body a rest for a little while. I have suffered from heartburn and acid reflux going on two weeks now. Over two months I have lost over ten pounds and I can't afford to lose anymore. I will call my doc tommorow cause he was closed today. But two days ago I lost my appetite completely. I can't eat anything without immediately getting nauseated, but I hold it in because I hate to vomit. Then last night I started having watery diarhea at ten o'clock. Since then I have gone 12-15 times and I haven't ate anything but a small bit of chicken noodle soup and water. I have had pain once. I doubled over with it but it went away after a few minutes. I am bloated. If I eat anything I am running to the bathroom within minutes. Is this a severe flare up or a stomach virus? If this is a flare up it is the worst I've had outside of having little pain just stomach cramping.

jmayfld responded:
go get this book called breaking the viscious cycle, by Elaine Gottschall its in most bookstores, do the intro diet, and read the entire book, kind of boring at first but after the intro diet all of my symptoms went away, and i have never taken meds,,

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in August of 2008 after several months of bouncing around to different doctors trying to find answers. For mon...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.