Skip to content
Crohn's disease?
Kare114 posted:
Hello all, i was diagnosed with crohns in 92...I have been in and out of remission for years....well back in may I started having problems diahrea and pain ,my hips aching my knees to. My lower back is killing me! We last week my GI started me on entocort , have a colonoscopy on the 15 th of August..I woke up this morning and really feel like I have to go and can't! My back is hurting so bad...I have been in a remission for so long I can't tell if it is my crohns? I have the pain in the front of my stomach...when I go to the bathroom ....I am so nervous..

jaimem92 responded:
That sounds like a flare up to me. When I have flare ups it's similar to that.. I always have a lot of pain in my back and hips tho, due to arthritis stuff. But I get that urge to go and can't but it's usually due to blockage in my bowel. I get diarrhea for so long then get that other urge, then eventually i start throwing up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 4 years ago. I am 56 years old. I have been through the step ladder of drugs i.e. Asacol to Canasa to predniso...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful