Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Research Study for Relapse or Intolerance to Treatment for Moderate to Severe UC-Palm Harbor, FL
agaresearch posted:
Moderate to Severe Ulcerative Colitis You may qualify to participate in a clinical research study with an investigational drug for individuals with Moderate to Severe Ulcerative Colitis.
· At least 18 years of age
· Have a documented diagnosis of moderate to severe Ulcerative Colitis = 4 months prior
· Have failed or be intolerant of at least one of the following treatments for UC:
o Oral corticosteroids
o Azathioprine or 6-mercaptopurine (6-MP)
o Anti-TNF therapy: infliximab or adalimumab
· If taking the one of the following medication, are on a stable dose:
o Oral 5-ASA or sulfasalazine stable dose for at least 4 weeks prior to start of study drug and during study period
o Oral corticosteroids (prednisone equivalent up to 25mg/day; budesonide up to 9 mg/day) stable dose for at least 2 weeks prior to start of study drug and during study period
o Chronic treatment for ulcerative colitis with antibiotics (eg, metronidazole, rifaximim) stable dose for at least 2 weeks prior to start of study drug and during study period.
Qualified participants will receive at no cost:
· Study-related medical exams and follow-ups
· Laboratory testing
· Study medication
For more information, please contact:
Joanne Root, CCRC
Advanced Gastroenterology Associates, LLC
Research Department
34041 US Highway 19, North, Suite A
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
727-216-0768 Direct Line
727-786-7521 Fax
research@advancedgastro.com email
All medical information is strictly confidential

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and was diagnosed with Crohn's in April of 2007. I've always have had digestive problems. When I was younger it was more of a con...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.