Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Crohn's and stomach pain
forgetfulagain posted:
Hey all,

I've had Crohn's for many years now but I have been feeling pretty good the last 8 months or so. My last problem was a pseudo-obstrucion that was resolved with Mestinon. I take only Asacol at this point to control Crohn's.

I've had upper GI issues over the years: gerd, ulcers in duodenum, ulcers in esophagus, this last due to clindamyacin. Now I take Prevacid twice a day and I've been fine for a good 8 years more or less.

I'm experiencing a new pain about 2 inches of so above the navel and it starts with eating almost anything (and I mean as soon as I swallow) and last a while. I've never had this specific pain and I'm wondering should I go see my GI? The pain isn't that bad (5 or so), but it is annoying.

Could Crohn's cause this kind of symptoms? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

OuchyCrohns responded:
Hi there, Ive been having the same pain last couple of days. Mine started with very high fever and flu like symptoms for 3 days..now its a pain all over my stomach. worse pain for me is above my belly button. Hurts really bad when I eat or drink. going to give it another few days before going to the doc.. already had a operation due to crohns.

Hope you feel better soon!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've had crohn's for the last 14years, have had 5 resections,1 hernia repair, 6 eye infections,and my gallbladder removed recently due to ston...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.