Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weight Loss But No Symptoms
lbcash posted:
I have been diagnosed with Crohn's for over four years now. I have a 9 month old baby. Once I started back on my Humira after I had him I was allergic to it and the doctor said I had built up antibodies against it and to give my body a break for a while. It's nine months later and I haven't taken any meds for Crohns and I have no symptoms at all. I have no pain and I go to the bathroom regularly. What is puzzling me is that I rapidly lost weight after I had my baby. I lost twenty pounds in a little over a month without dieting or exercising. I weigh 120lbs and I haven't weighed that since before I had my first child who is five years old. I have started loosing more weight and I'm afraid that I'm getting to an unhealthy weight. Could this be the Crohn's even though I am eating like I always have and I'm not having any symptoms?

miserable_sob responded:
What you're going through now is nothing like when I had Ulcerative Colitis and it flared up on me. I was hospitalized when that happened and lost weight fast. I dropped to close to weighing 80 pounds then and would have died for sure if they weren't advanced enough in feeding and nourishing me at the time.

hannahleigh89 responded:
Well, it is pretty common to lose baby weight rapidly if you're breastfeeding, especially if you gained a lot of weight during the pregnancy. But that seems a little too rapid, and it's strange that it's 9 months postpartum. I'm really not sure what's going on. Maybe you should try adding an Ensure or Boost at least once a day for the extra calories and see if that helps stop the weight loss. They're packed with calories and nutrients. Maybe your body just isn't getting enough?

If you are breastfeeding/lactating, your body requires even more calories than during the pregnancy to help milk production. I don't know if you're breastfeeding or anything like that, just throwing it out there in case you are.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 18 i was Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about a month ago , it all started about four month's ago cause i had these red mark's on t...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.