Skip to content
43 yr old Canadian feeling like a hypocondriac
CanadianGirl posted:
I am 43 yrs old and have worked ever since I was 14. This past year I have been looking for work in a small town (hubby is military and we've been posted out of the city to a small town where there is little work beyond retail) with no luck. Due to bowel incontinence I am unable to work retail or anywhere that I can't drop everything and RUN to the bathroom. Incontinence supplies do NOT keep the fecal matter from leaking out so I can't even wear a diaper and go work. I can't walk far because I have bowel incontinence out of the blue, anytime and it's so embarrassing. I've ruined a lot of clothing too which is an expense we can't afford

I have a wonderful family doctor who is trying to decipher some additional health issues I have been having such as memory loss, fatigue, poor depth perception (suddenly knocking things over all the time) and possibly gluten intolerance. I'm starting to worry I may be a hypochondriac with all the symptoms I'm having.

To make matters worse, it seems I qualify for no disability benefits or tax write offs here in Canada, which further depresses me knowing I want to work but can't find anything suitable. Is anyone else here in the same situation?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I was diagnosed in January 2011 with Ulcerative Colitis. I am currently on my third round of prednisone but my first round with intense Asacol ...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful