Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is there a connection of GERD to Crohn's Disease (or any IBD/S)
MzRegina posted:
I was diagnosed with CD about 20+ years ago and I've been treated for GERD for about 6 years. I've noticed some significant GERD symptom increase when my CD is flared. Currently my daily intake of meds consists of 2.4 g of Mesalamine (Lialda), 100 mg of Imuran and 40 mg of Omeprazole. My omeprazole dosage began at 20 mg per day but the increase happen about 3 - 4 years ago. I read an article (dtd about 6 - 7 yrs ago) that said there might be a connection between the two conditions. Just looking to see if there has been any recent studies/connections of the two.

jaimem92 responded:
Hey Regina,
You know, I never have seen any proof of it. But I've also had problems with GERD for years. I'm bad though and hate taking that medicine, so unless I'm having problems try to just control it with diet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have read Kim's story under autoimmune diseases and feel very inspired at her will to keep moving every day. I am in the process of...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.