Reaction to Remicaide
Peanut123 posted:
I have had severe sporiasis and psoriactic arthritis for years. I had my first infusion 4 weeks ago. Three days later, I started to run a fever, sore throat, stiff neck, and stiff muscles all over my body. I couldn't even lift the blanket off of myself in bed. My arms were racked with muscle pain. My rheumetologist put me on antibiotics for ten days and I felt better. Then yesterday, I went in for my 2nd infusion. After 50 mins, my face became hot, I lost vision and felt disoriented, my breathing was difficult and my chest felt tight. I hollered for the nurse. Two nurse came quickly to me, turned off the IV, administered oxygen, jammed an Epi-Pen in my thight and three syringes of steroids, Benedyl and Zofran. I was so frightened by this mishap, it took almost an hour to feel close to normal again. My husband said as soon as we walked in the door, I laid on the couch and slept 9 hours from all of the meds they had pumped into me at once. No more Remicade for me.

jaimem92 responded:
Yuck. Sorry to hear that you had to go through this Peanut. I would be scared outta my wits if I lost eyesight. The worst reaction I've ever had during my infusion was I had shortness of breath with shooting pain down my shoulder once. Other then that I have flu like symptoms for the next few days afterwards. I've been having Remicade since Feb '09. Hopefully they find something that works for you now