Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Reaction to Remicaide
Peanut123 posted:
I have had severe sporiasis and psoriactic arthritis for years. I had my first infusion 4 weeks ago. Three days later, I started to run a fever, sore throat, stiff neck, and stiff muscles all over my body. I couldn't even lift the blanket off of myself in bed. My arms were racked with muscle pain. My rheumetologist put me on antibiotics for ten days and I felt better. Then yesterday, I went in for my 2nd infusion. After 50 mins, my face became hot, I lost vision and felt disoriented, my breathing was difficult and my chest felt tight. I hollered for the nurse. Two nurse came quickly to me, turned off the IV, administered oxygen, jammed an Epi-Pen in my thight and three syringes of steroids, Benedyl and Zofran. I was so frightened by this mishap, it took almost an hour to feel close to normal again. My husband said as soon as we walked in the door, I laid on the couch and slept 9 hours from all of the meds they had pumped into me at once. No more Remicade for me.

jaimem92 responded:
Yuck. Sorry to hear that you had to go through this Peanut. I would be scared outta my wits if I lost eyesight. The worst reaction I've ever had during my infusion was I had shortness of breath with shooting pain down my shoulder once. Other then that I have flu like symptoms for the next few days afterwards. I've been having Remicade since Feb '09. Hopefully they find something that works for you now

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Cheli but my granddaughter, Mag's, calls me Jeaneau. I was born and raised in New Orleans but now live in the Chattanooga, Tn. area...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.