Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

My 9 yr old with Crohn's Diagnosis
    betterhealth19 posted:
    It's been a rough two years. Around April my 9 yr old was diagnosed with Chrone's. I would not agree to medication at that time because I didn't want to give her steroids or any heavy arsenal of drugs without researching first. In May, a friend brought over sachets to put in our drinking water that contained 70 minerals. It makes the water alkaline and provides all those minerals to your body. Never thinking it would help with this diagnosis but more so thinking it would help her with acid reflux--5 months later, after drinking the water with the sachets, the Chrone's test is normal -- all anatomy normal! Acid Reflux gone, chronic constipation gone! I am one happy Mama! I've heard a quote: "Every disease, every illness can be traced back to a Mineral deficiency," Dr. Linus Pauling, two-time Nobel Prize Winner. I think there's something to that. I have seen videos on how alkaline water and an alkaline diet is curing cancer too. I can't say if it would work for everybody but you never know. Here is the website to read about them: xoomaworldwide.com/globalx2o The sachets are called: "X2O". Hope this helps!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had crohns since 1998 going to restroom all the time or, having "accidents" all the time really sucks . my daughter has an auto immun...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
    Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    22 of 28 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.