Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
large intestine removal
PamJohnson posted:
I had a stricture removed in 2007. I had a second one this past year. The surgeon removed the whole lg intestine because it was chewed up by crohns, which I have had for 25 years. The problem is, since surgery my small intestine has not "woke up" and i have adhesions. Surgery was Dec. 27 and I had to be put in the hospital for a week since I can't absorb nutrients. I am on a PICC line for 12 hours a day to let my bowel rest. No solids.
Has anyone had this problem? I would like to be reassured that this problem will go away, I know everyone is different.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was first diagnosed with UC in 2008 and took Asacol and Canasa for about a year before taking some advice from a friend and trying a strict gluten f...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.