large intestine removal
PamJohnson posted:
I had a stricture removed in 2007. I had a second one this past year. The surgeon removed the whole lg intestine because it was chewed up by crohns, which I have had for 25 years. The problem is, since surgery my small intestine has not "woke up" and i have adhesions. Surgery was Dec. 27 and I had to be put in the hospital for a week since I can't absorb nutrients. I am on a PICC line for 12 hours a day to let my bowel rest. No solids.
Has anyone had this problem? I would like to be reassured that this problem will go away, I know everyone is different.

butteerfly1999 responded:
hey I have. and it will go away. I had my whole large intestine removed and have an ileostomy bag. have had since 1989 and I am 32 now I was diagnosed with crohns in 1984 I was 4 yrs old. u do the math LOL. look ur body has been shocked and through a lot. I just takes time, and it will take a little while for ur body to adjust, but do not worry. I can eat almost anything. (ALMOST AND IN MODERATION) u will be back to enjoying your favorites soon.. praying for u