Skip to content
large intestine removal
PamJohnson posted:
I had a stricture removed in 2007. I had a second one this past year. The surgeon removed the whole lg intestine because it was chewed up by crohns, which I have had for 25 years. The problem is, since surgery my small intestine has not "woke up" and i have adhesions. Surgery was Dec. 27 and I had to be put in the hospital for a week since I can't absorb nutrients. I am on a PICC line for 12 hours a day to let my bowel rest. No solids.
Has anyone had this problem? I would like to be reassured that this problem will go away, I know everyone is different.

butteerfly1999 responded:
hey I have. and it will go away. I had my whole large intestine removed and have an ileostomy bag. have had since 1989 and I am 32 now I was diagnosed with crohns in 1984 I was 4 yrs old. u do the math LOL. look ur body has been shocked and through a lot. I just takes time, and it will take a little while for ur body to adjust, but do not worry. I can eat almost anything. (ALMOST AND IN MODERATION) u will be back to enjoying your favorites soon.. praying for u

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Lauren Hope. I am 19 years old and have been struggling with "stomach problems" for about six years. it really got serious in...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.