life after total coloctomy- complications... etc.
jesstaya posted:
Just had a 2nd surgery to remove the rest of my large intestine in late January- no bag as they were able to preserve the rectum!! I was in hospital for 7 days- came home felt ok for a few weeks..
Now I'm miserable again- actively bleeding from small bowel, and in tons of pain..
Cant eat hardly ANYTHING without it making me sick- Has anyone had any of these problems, do they get better??
Having testing done this friday to see if perhaps I am allergic to the suture materials they used to connect the small bowel to rectum... ugh!

hannahleigh89 responded:
You have to give it time and adjust your diet. I was really sick for several months after I had my surgeries. You have to eat bland foods, no fresh veggies or seeds or grain of any kind, really. And I still have bleeding (years later) if I eat any ruffage. The mucosa in the small intestine is more sensitive than the large, so it bleeds easily. Not necessarily something to worry about though, unless it's a lot of bleeding. I get sick just about any time I eat. You just have to find the right medications and diet. And push forward.