Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
crohns or not
fdalton posted:
just spent 2 lovely days in the hospital. as usual the cramping i have had on and off for 7 years sent me there. it was sudden onset and not really painful just like having a baby without the baby in the end. i was told years ago i had crohns. but the doctor i had this visit said the ct i had doesnt show wall thickening, i had a massive infection (white cell count was 22,000 versus a normal persons 6,000) i have never had any bleeding or lesions in my mouth as he looked for. he is telling me i have something else and told me to go home and do my homework and get records from my drs that say i was diagnosed crohns. he told me he would be surprised if i actually have the disease. so now i am confused. what the heck is wrong with me. i appreciate anyones ideas or comments.

miserable_sob responded:
From what I've seen doctors screw up at diagnosing Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis all the time. Many a times they've mistaken one for the other. I'm not ruling other illnesses out in your case though.

kaj2313 responded:
I was tested about 8yrs ago and was told " I know not what's wrong with you." The Dr. sent me to Mayo Clinic. After all the tests I was told I have Crohn's and could be treated at home. When I got back home the Dr. didn't believe that I had Crohn's and told me there was no real evidence. After a year of no help in my home town I went back to Mayo and ended up having a reseaction. I was to the point that my intestines where smaller than a pencil and wouldn't strech do to scare tissue. They removed 10inches and then 2 yrs later had to have scare tissue removed. Had a re check this week and I've been in remission for 2yrs now. So I say get another Dr to check things out! Don't take the word of 1 because they make mistakes. I was told most of my life I had IBS. No one would take me serious. Well until I lost 40 lbs in 6 months!
Just keep digging until you find someone you trust!
Good Luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Cheli but my granddaughter, Mag's, calls me Jeaneau. I was born and raised in New Orleans but now live in the Chattanooga, Tn. area...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.