Skip to content
Risks of treatments
ReachingForRemission1MoreX posted:
6 minutes ago ReachingForRemission1MoreX responded: HI Ms. Louise, How are you doing today?
I was wondering if you could share some insight and info relative to the use of Depo-Testoserone IM with patients with long term UC that are currently receiving Remicade IV Tx. Are there risks relative to the 'activating' characteristics of Testosterone that would render it's use contraindicated or potentially suspect relative to facilitating colon cancer or at least, flare-up of UC Symptoms?
Thanks,
ReachingForRemission1MoreX Thanks for your Reply! [a style="CURSOR: pointer; COLOR: #006699">Report This | Share this:Crohn's and Colitis Exchange HI, I was wondering if anyone could share some insight and info relative to the use of Depo-Testoserone IM with patients with long term UC that are currently receiving Remicade IV Tx. Are there risks relative to the 'activating' characteristics of Testosterone that would render it's use contraindicated or potentially suspect relative to facilitating colon cancer or at least, flare-up of UC Symptoms? <br />Thanks,<br />ReachingForRemission1MoreX [a id=A1 class=exchange-reply-link style="CURSOR: pointer; COLOR: #006699" name=A1 rel=resource>

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in September 08. I had just started out with what I thought was a stomach bug in January 08, but my symptoms ...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.