Skip to content
is smell in my head?
stillsickmama posted:
Hello. I was diagnosed with C-diff and hospitalized for 9 days back in Feb. Diagnosis was C-diff colitis ..My bowels have not been normal since I had this. They tell me the C- diff is gone, but I can still smell the smell of it in my bowel movements, and in my sweat. Just sitting around and doing nothing sometimes, I can smell the same scent. I worked in the laundry of a nursing home when I got this, and the smell from the clothing of the infected residents is the same smell I can smell on me. Please has anyone encountered this? My Dr. seems to think it's all in my head. I know it isn't .

arbob5 responded:
Were you taking Flagyl to treat your C-Diff infection? I had C-Diff a few years back and Flagyl was prescribed for me at that time. I do recall the awful bitter taste while taking the med, and it lasted for some time after I stopped. To this day tho, I can still recall how awful that taste was. And I understand from others who had this med that it can last quite awhile.

Glad you recovered from C-Diff. I was not hospitalized, but after all of the other side affects from that drug and C-Diff itself, I think I should have been. I was so fatigued, off balance, just not right. Those symptoms disappeared almost immediately when I finished the prescription. While that med is great as far as taking care of the C-Diff, it has many, many other drawbacks. I just hope I don't have to take it again.

Let us know how you're doing, ok? We do care and want to support you in any way we can.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Aaron Wu. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis on December 2, 2011. My symptoms appeared late September, as mild abdominal cramping a...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful