Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vague colitis dx
Punkyb posted:
Hey there, My name is Christy and I am 31. Went to the ER the other day for my first kidney stone. The dr vaguely mentioned colitis and I was too doped up to remember until they called to ask if I got an rx for an antibiotic and my husband remembered the colitis.

I called my regular doctor for a follow up which is in a week and asked the hospital for my records but in the meantime I'm relatively clueless. Everything I research just comes up ulcerative and honestly I don't even know if I have symptoms.

Can anyone clue me in as to what could show up on a CT and if there is a mild form of colitis? Perhaps I am in the beginning stages of something that could be problematic in the future?

Any insight would help.

Thank you

sheba_q responded:
There are many varieties of colitis, each with its own treatment. This should give you a basic overview until you can ask your doctor for more info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colitis

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in January of 2010. Before that I had spent the last 8 months thinking I picked up a bug while my fiancée and I were ...More

Helpful Tips

Trips to ER
When I get out of the hospital this time, one of the first things I will do when I get home is to pack a small bag with toiletries for my ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.