Skip to content
Vague colitis dx
Punkyb posted:
Hey there, My name is Christy and I am 31. Went to the ER the other day for my first kidney stone. The dr vaguely mentioned colitis and I was too doped up to remember until they called to ask if I got an rx for an antibiotic and my husband remembered the colitis.

I called my regular doctor for a follow up which is in a week and asked the hospital for my records but in the meantime I'm relatively clueless. Everything I research just comes up ulcerative and honestly I don't even know if I have symptoms.

Can anyone clue me in as to what could show up on a CT and if there is a mild form of colitis? Perhaps I am in the beginning stages of something that could be problematic in the future?

Any insight would help.

Thank you

sheba_q responded:
There are many varieties of colitis, each with its own treatment. This should give you a basic overview until you can ask your doctor for more info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colitis

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Meg, and I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in July 2007, two weeks before my wedding day. My husband is a pastor, and we are currentl...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful