Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lots of gas with flares
ruthienpatrick posted:
reading thru this I don't see anything about smelly gas that I cant control..very aweful in public..tried lots of things but nothing seems to help any suggestions? thanks

jessikarichert responded:
I have that too, it's so embarrassing. My doctor doesn't take it seriously at all but it keeps me from living a normal life.

hannahleigh89 responded:
I don't really know what to tell you on this one. Have you tried gas medications? Have you tried increasing your fiber? Or, if you have a high fiber diet that you don't tolerate well, decreasing your fiber could have an impact as well.

vixcy responded:
Hi, I dont know...if u know yoga...just practice two pranayam(sort of breathing excercise) for 15 to 30 mins daily empty stomach every morning.
The pranayam are -
1) Kapalbhanti (breath of fire)
2) lom anulom
U can find them on youtube. It has helped me lot controlling my ulcerative colitis..gud luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 45 and was diagnosed with Crohn's about 14 years ago. For many years I had few intestinal symptoms but have now been on Humira for a year...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.