Skip to content
Diagnosing ulcerative colitis
deanna9864 posted:
I was diagnosed about 1 month ago with UC, as I had horrible diarrhea with blood and white cells in fecal samples and pain. I was diagnosed by physical exam, blood tests and CT scans. The first GI doctor told my treating internists and me of this diagnosis. Recently, I was back in ?the hospital for excessive diarrhea and pain and I was seen by a new GI doctor. He performed colonoscopy and endoscopy and reported all to be clear with no biopsies done. How can this be possible? Any information will be most helpful and greatly appreciated.

miserable_sob responded:
Your symptoms do sound similar to mine and I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis back in 1984. I'd most probably seek another opinion if I were you, especially if the symptoms return. If you have no problems and feel healthy from here on out, perhaps the GI doctor was correct. I have my doubts about that though. One other problem you might run into too if you do have Colitis, the medical profession is always misdiagnosing Ulcerative Colitis for Crohns and vice versa.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had crohns since 1998 going to restroom all the time or, having "accidents" all the time really sucks . my daughter has an auto immun...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.