Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Remicade treatment
steven1982 posted:
I just wanted to let people on here know that if you are on Remicade or Humira, you might not be doomed to take it the rest of your life. I was on remicade for almost 6 years, then stopped and I've been completely med free for over 2 years. Be careful because Remicade almost killed me from uncontrollable bleeding when I stopped and then started treatment again. I question whether I actually needed the medication or if the doctor was just trying to sell me meds. I had a second opinion from another Doctor who told me I took it for 6 years for no reason and he said it's very toxic and dangerous to take. It's actually considered a form of chemotherapy now because it's so dangerous. Always get a second opinion and review your options before you pay a lot of money to put a dangerous substance into your body.

hannahleigh89 responded:
Remicade has always been considered chemotherapy to my knowledge. At least it was back in 2006 when I began receiving it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello My name is Kristin Im 36 yrs old with 3 beautiful sons and was dignosed with Crohns Disease at 23 but suffered most all my life not knowing ...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.