Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

jaws82 posted:
I am married but it feels like a roommate. We don't even sleep in the same room. No sex for 17 years!! I am at a loss. She is a MD AND I am disabled and dependent on her. Should I expect anything? Where would I go, how would I live, do I even know how to romance someone?
rohvannyn responded:
Ask her if she still loves you. If she does, let her know how her behavior is affecting you. You should at least expect kind treatment if you are married to a person.
jaws82 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you so much for your reply. There has been many times that I could have had an affair but walked away and it was hard to. The other person gave me more attention/flirting.I am going crazy. The idea of a call girl came up briefly, but was dismissed.Alas, I am a fateful wonderer.
rohvannyn replied to jaws82's response:
If you doubt your ability to talk to your wife about this, ask yourself this question: "what is worth more to me, peace and happiness or avoiding this potential conflict?" I can completely understand being afraid of losing everything. But I don't think this life you are leading is sustainable either. Besides, surely you two married for a reason, and she might like more affection in her life as well. I don't know much about your situation but I really hope things get better for you.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Mental Health Problems
Mental Health problems can bang anyone at anytime.The access of a ambit of mental disorders and mental health related problems will about ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.