Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

suicidal depression
elliebot posted:
lately i've been feeling severely depressed, i cant afford a therapist to help me with this. It's gotten so bad to where i just want to end my my pain and misfortune. i dont know what to do, each day i feel a step closer to the end. i dont know where to go to seek help either.
some days i just want to stop, all the hurt in my heart, my crappy life, and my crappy future. i know that this is not the correct choice but it sure feels like it.

Pita64 responded:
Hi elliebot: Been there myself. I have dealt with depression for almost 30 years. When you are depressed, things are magnified in your life. I am not saying that you are imaging things about your life, but dwelling on them can lead to depression and this you need help for immediately. I suggest that you talk to someone close to you about this first (like a family member or friend). If you do not have insurance, go to your local hospital or health clinic and ask for help. If you cannot afford it, tell them that so they know upfront. Don't give it there are great meds out there to help but I think you need to talk to a counselor that deals in depression, get on a med and get help. Don't do anything rash, it will get better. Again, start making calls, or have someone help you to find out where you can get help without insurance. Good luck and hang in there.

semed responded:
I'm sorry about how you feel. To get the help needed try to contact your local welfare dept. They should have a list of local low income clinic(s) that should be able to assist you. When I needed help with therapy I was told to try the same thing. It helped me, I think it may help you. Also contact a hospital and see if there are any groups you can check out.

My hopes and wishes for a better future are with you. Take care!

amp82 responded:
I have been there so many times. It feels like the correct choice but at the end it isn't. I would try to make some of those calls like the other responses say to do. Just remember you are not alone in this battle and it is an up hill battle. Take one day at a time and if you can try to do something to keep your mind off of things. I do word searches or I will read. It helps a little bit.
Please take care of yourself.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

What has helped me with my depression
I have always struggled with depression. After trying meds and therapy I have to say that I have finally found something that helps. This ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.