Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Down and Out
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I'm feeling so very depressed and lonely. I have this problem of being lonely when my husband isn't around. He's leaving for a trip for 10 days and it scares me to death. I don't know what to do. I have no hobbies except exercising. I exercise 4 days of the week in the morning. I have no friends. I wish I had some pills to help me relax. Are there any friends out there to talk to.
BB

rohvannyn responded:
Sure there are. There's me, and there could be others too. It can be pretty distressing when your main source of company goes away. I'll bet he'll miss you too. Could you use this time to explore some interest you've never had a chance to learn about? Whether it's geneology or crafts or history or poetry or an author you've always wanted to try, not only will you find a good distraction, but you may find company if you join a forum dedicated to it. Just a thought. It would have a much more long lasting effect than a pill.

Good luck to you!

beautifulbuffalo replied to rohvannyn's response:
It's funny you mention geneology as my mother is a professional geneologist. I just need to keep busy while hubby is gone. He said I can go on his next trip to Montana with him in September if I can convince my son to take care of the dog. I have knee surgery on August 29th but I should be ok to go with him the 2nd week of September. Like I said I just need to keep myself busy.
BB

beautifulbuffalo replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I Miss my husband so much. I've got knots in my stomach. I don't know what to say I'm so alone. I exercise every morning for an hour but you can only do so much. My house is spotless. I don't know what to do with myself.
BB

sittingbull594 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Perhaps if you re read this thread you will see that another poster has suggested many things fo ryou to try so that you're distracted?

The library is a really fun place to go and often you can get books on cd or tape and listen endlessly to this if you don't feel you have the concentration to read a book.
THey also have magazines, reference books, etc.

It would be hard for me to be away from my husband too. The more you stay in your head thinking this tho is going to be harder than trying to take a baby step to do something different.
Just my thoughts

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.