Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Just need to talk
needtotalk posted:
I want to talk to someone so bad about how I feel, but I am embarrassed, ashamed, and feel like no one really understands. My husband doesn't understand and he says its all in my head.

rohvannyn responded:
I understand the shame and embarrassment. I've been there. Thank you for posting anyway. Sometimes it is good to just let out your feelings in whatever way, whether talking face to face, journal writing, or posting online. You are welcome here. I doubt your problems are all in your head, but even if they are, that doesn't invalidate them. They are still yours and worthy of acknowledgement so you can eventually heal and deal with them. I'm going through a rough patch as well right now, so I want you to know, one person is reading at least.

lostlilly responded:
I know how you feel. My husband feels the same way or says nothing at all and it is like speaking to a brick wall. I have 4 daughters and not one of them understand what I go through some days especially being 60 they blame it on "the change". Well been going through that for a long time so I don't think it is that. I turned to this page for hoping to get some help. I believe talking with people who have the same problems help. You do have people here who will listen to you and hopefully get you feeling a bit better. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed there is no reason to feel that way. Remember people don't make you feel that way, you do. More people/friends may sympathize with you but don't understand what you are going through. Hang in there and keep posting!!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.