Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

NEARLY THROWN IN THE TOWEL ON LIFE
twodayzgn posted:
This is the first time in my life that I've felt this close to throwing in the towel on life. I'm a christian and don't believe in suicide, but I am struggling against those thoughts these days. My whole world fell apart 5 years ago and I haven't been able to pick up all the pieces and put them back together again. Its like everything I knew, or thought I knew, about life got twisted and challenged. I stay in my bedroom 23 out of 24 hours a day staring at a TV screen or computer monitor. I have succombed to a phobia as well. I hate to even leave my house! While prayer helps to keep me sane, I could use some MAJOR help!!!

sittingbull594 responded:
Hi two,

Have you ever thought of therapy? Seeing a phychologist or social worker? Therapy isn't just for someone who has a mental disorder. Lots of people go to therapy to figure things out and also learn new skills to help them with life in general.

I don't know what else to say But know that we do care here.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.