Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

SO Tiered of Feeling like this :(
SoSomber24 posted:
Scared of Life, no ambition or motivation for anything, feel like Im not good enough, ashamed, feel like a waste of space. Cant understand why others are happy and FUNCTION. and I dont.

rohvannyn responded:
I know how you feel and I have felt that way too. The hard part about depression is that it's so hard to see a solution or hope while you are in it. It is made harder by so many people not realizing that depression is actually a serious disorder, a disease, and not just a "mood" that can be easily changed or controlled.

To answer your question, you might as well ask why one person has bad eyes and the other one doesn't, or why one person developed diabetes, or why a particular person has asthma. Your condition isn't your fault or due to your actions. There is hope, it can be conquered. Start taking little steps. I have accumulated some tips here and there are more in resources. Good luck to you!

http://forums.webmd.com/3/depression-exchange/tip/116/2

manning18fan responded:
NEWSFLASH: many people who function aren't always happy! Depression is a brain disorder, don't fall into the trap of thinking it is a mood. It impairs so many things. When my depression is bad I don't feel depressed, I feel apathetic. I don't care whether I get well or not.

Best thing to do I meet with a therapist. I know you probably don't have the motivation or desire to, but if you want to be better and function know that it must be done.

My solution for when I'm in a terrible mood is to give myself an hour (at most) to mope, whine, etc. Then after that hour I do small things to help feel better. I highly recommend music (encouraging music, or music you will sing at the top of your lungs. Best song to listen to is Jump Rope by Blue October) Get dressed nicely, shower, makeup. Even if I'm not going out dressing better helps. Write in a journal, go out with a friend (but not drink alcohol, or drugs, they NEVER help) And (ugh) a workout can help even if it is just a nice walk.

tenyeargrad replied to manning18fan's response:
Depression is an illness and one of the symptoms is impaired judgment.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.