Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

EXERCISE
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Ladies and Gents! I suffer from major depression, anxiety and PTSD. I have suffered most of my life. I have wanted to end my life many of times. But I found exercise a month ago and it has changed my life. I am a different person putting my energy into my exercise. I go to the YMCA and swim, use the treadmil and recumbent bike. I'm getting ready for knee surgery for the 4th time so I have to be careful but I'm doing it. I can remember days not being able to get off the couch and now I'm out the door by 6:30 - 7:00. Being on Disability is tough on the money part as my husband says it has to come out of my checkbook not his but I do it monthly 45.00. But then I think that it is also helping me to lose weight that I gained from my medications. My therapist is helping by checking my weight monthly and I see her every 2 weeks.

For all you others my husband is home and when he leaves again in September he said I can go with him and it will be a vacation for me for a change I can finally get out of the house.

Good luck girls and guys.
BB

rohvannyn responded:
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that! It motivates me to get off my tail and move around too. You are so right. Exercise can make a huge difference. It activates the good neurotransmitters in our brains and makes us feel better. I'm also really happy you will get to go with your husband next time.

beautifulbuffalo replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks! I'm so excited to be going with my husband in September. I feel like a little kid getting ready to take a road trip. It will take us 2 1/2 days to get there driving 1000 miles in a day. The good ole Blue Sky Country.
BB

rohvannyn replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Awesome! Maybe your enjoyment of it will help him rediscover the awesome parts of the trip, so he'll take you more often. Have fun!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.