Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I'm lost, confused and scared.
deasertrose posted:
Haven't been here in awhile. I haven't been doing well. I'm really down in a hole. I not functioning well at all. It takes me 3-4 hours to get ready for work or to an appointment. It takes me 2-3 hours to cook dinner if I even cook. I do nothing while I'm home. I just stand around not really doing anything. I also have problems at work I can't remember what I'm suppose to be doing. Monday I totally lost it at work. I have lost 20lbs in two months. I don't really eat anything any more. I can't live like this anymore. I scared I almost did something stupid on Monday. Tuesday was just as bad. Here I am just sitting here when I should be ironing. Haven't done that in 2 weeks. No I really should be in bed right now. Sorry for rambling this is all I can do anymore. can't remember anything anymore. I feel really really lost and alone. I'm on the ledge here with only one way to go. Never mind. I'm sorry for bothering you guys. Take care guys. I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is another day the only thing is my husband is off tomorrow and this weekend and I can't deal with him. I work in the evening but I'm here most of the day. Night.

LostNLonely responded:
I know you posted a few days ago, but I just saw this. I too have trouble getting myself to do anything, even the things I know I need to do. I just sit here or sleep....you are not alone! I wish that I could give you a magic cure, but I'm not sure what to recommend. I don't know what works. I just want you to know that I know how you feel and am sorry that you are feeling down.

tenyeargrad responded:
Thanks for sharing your story. I too have such a hard time getting up in the morning and doing anything. I skipped work Monday and Tuesday, sleeping until 3 pm. My house looks like a tornado hit it it's so messy! I finally called a local facility and have a therapy appointment in 2 weeks! Thank you all for your stories, It does help to know I'm not alone.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.