Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Got all my answers...ent to Social Security
cindigal posted:
Thanks for the suggestions to everyone about getting my late husband's social secutiy. I looked under verterans page and the stipulations to qualify was not worth it. However I went to coial secuity with my son (he's the one handling everything) and since I have speech aphasia it was a must. We had the sweetest lady waiting on us and answered her questions while she was sitting in front of her computer. She had the wrong calculations and I was to rejoice about the added income, till she came back at said she figured everything wrong. Oh well, her first calculations would have yielded another 200 dollars by month because of his SS. Me and my son were going to the extra money till she came back.

I hate all those red tape things with SS and the qualifications with retirements and such. The bottom story is: she came back with the news that because he took social security at 62 instead of 66, it made a difference. If he had waited till 66 to retire, I would have gotten more. me and my late husband only chatted a few times since our separation in 2005, I didnt know any of his business, nor did I wanted it. His reasons for getting social secuirty were his reasons, I didnt wanted to judge. We separated on good terms. Since his SS was only 30 more a month than I am getting, seriously. That will be the added money I will get, oh well. I wasnt looking for anything. But my son, whos a budget fiend and money person (he's a math teacher) was kinda dismayed at the news. What the heck, my husband died of cancer and I didnt know when it started. All my son said to me when we driving home. was " so he screwed you again". I thought that was bad for him to say. See, all my family thinks he left me and went to another state. That is so not true...I didnt want to move to another state. My family blames him for everything that happen to me since.

cindigal

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.