Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Does anyone feel terrified and disconnected to everyone and everything in the world
Theresa06 posted:
I had some medical traumas last year and since then I have become a different person I am unable to function think concentrate feel like I can't relate to anyone or anything in this world even those closest to me. I am terrified of everything and have been diagnosed with severe anxiety depression and PTSD do far no meds have helped Iam now on paxil 20 Mgs for the past ten days and pray it will help. I used to be a fully functioning loving person and now I feel like a helpless shell so weak and vulnerable can anyone relate I can't watch tv read books etc nothing takes my mind off getting better and I spend all my time searching for answers on line which never helps either

wishingx200 responded:
Yes Theresa06 I can definitly relate. I feel as tho my life is slipping away a little each day. You see my husband at one time made me very happy as tho I was dreaming--he treated me special, like a princess. It was a welcomed change after being married to an abuser for 14 yrs.

I can no longer say that. He is now verbally abusive and it breaks my heart and I go deeper into depression. I too feel like a shell compared to the way I used to work hard, run a home raising 5 kids.

I can barely get out of bed most days--I'm very lonely. My body is in such pain so I get nothing done--NOTHING.

And yes I feel totally disconnected to everything and everyone.

So Theresa06 you are not alone. Let's try and communicate as much as possible and encourage one another.

Peace and love,

wishingx200

AlexisAlexis30 replied to wishingx200's response:
hello, I recently signed up and replying for the first time. im responding to your response because I can relate to your comment on feeling like a shell and disconnected, I currently have 3 kids under the age of 7. At one point I owned and operated a business that was successful but didn't continue it due to troubled relations with my spouse (the heartbeat & power force of the business) of 10 years. Almost a year has past since the business and our relationship being completely severed. not wanting to get into huge detail but my life was threatened by the closest person to me. I was also involved in an abusive relationship but the incidences occurred every few months. that isn't an excuse though. the point is I am on this site, I have surprisingly set up an appointment with a doctor and most likely will be diagnosed with depression. Ive always had moments of despair since a teenager, and now the compounding disappointments in my life has not been resolved. Within the last year my moments of despair has became worse, its more difficult to get out of that rut with each passing occurrence. now it has taken a life of its own, for example an unlucky event doesn't have to happen for the triggers of despair anymore. ie losing a $20 bill or realizing that your vehicle plates were photographed for passing red light. I don't need any reason now, the moments of despair just happens and I'm fearful being alone during the day with my thought because it goes towards suicidal ideation. my kids are the reason im here today...but the responsibilities of that can be overwhelming like a double edged sword situation. you are not alone either, i tip my hat to you raising 5 kids. i can completely relate with your feeling of disconnection and a shell.

kbriann replied to AlexisAlexis30's response:
Hi

I am so sorry about all of your stress and depression. I am glad your going to the doctor and I will pray for you too! Just don't give up ever!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.